Moving & Packing Tips
These moving and packing tips are a helpful guide to help you with your move whether it’s just down the road or to another county.
We can arrange help with boxes, packing and unpacking for your move which allows you to relax.
Please contact us for a free quotation.
Here is some packing tips.
- Never pack glass, china or pottery next to each other – they should always be individually wrapped
- Only use crates or boxes with lids – do not have items sticking out over boxes as they cannot be stacked
- Use bubble wrap on all crystal ware
- Use cardboard sleeves and bubble wrap to protect pictures
- For extra fragile ornaments, place a pillow or towel in the bottom of the box first
- Put notes on anything that has a wobbly leg or loose parts to help give extra attention
- Extra large boxes with a old quilt can be useful for packing chandeliers subject to type
- Always put shades and lamps in different boxes to prevent damage
- Wrap pictures and mirrors in blankets or bubble wrap or both
- Defrost the freezer or fridge/freezer so that it does not leak during transportation
- Put your washing machine on an extra spin before disconnecting to ensure no excess water is left
- Check all the jars are tightened before packing as they could leak in the box!
Pack a small last minute bag or box containing the following items for your arrival:
- Important Papers
- Tea, coffee, milk and sugar
- Mugs & spoons
- Paper plates
- Can opener
- Mobile Phone and chargers
- Items to occupy children’s time
- Snacks & water
- Toilet Paper
Whom to Notify of your Move
- Banks & Building Societies
- Car Insurance
- Credit Cards & Store Cards
- Driving Licence (DVLA)
- Family & Friends
- Home Insurance
- Loan Company
- Pension Company
- Post Office
- TV Licence
- Utilities – Gas, Electric, Telephone, Broadband
Moving Home – Helpful Contacts
- Skips for disposal and clearance of items before moving
- Carpet fitters
- Carpet cleaners
- Property Maintenance
- Sheds and summerhouses
- Painters and decorators
- Garden maintenance
- Window cleaners
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details.